Cyprus Citizenship by Investment
To be eligible for a Cyprus passport (EU) the main applicant must :
- Purchase a main residence of €500,000
- Additionally, invest a minimum of €1.5 million in residential property OR €2 million in other investment options.
- To fulfill the latter, the other investment options include, financial assets of Cypriot companies, investment in AIFs or in Cypriot public companies.
- Investment in property can be reduced to a minimum of 500,000 (plus VAT, if applicable) after 3 years
- The applicant must have a clean criminal record
- The applicant’s name must not be included one the list of persons whose property is ordered to be frozen by the EU
- The main applicant may also add his/her spouse and financially dependent children from the ages of 18-28.
- Parents of the main applicant may be included in the same application provided an additional €500,000 investment is made in residential property in Cyprus.
- One can expect to become a Cyprus passport holder within 9-12 months.