About Czech Republic
The Czech republic is a landlocked country that shares its land borders with Germany, Austria, Poland and Slovakia as its immediate geographic neighbors. The Czech republic consists of two historic states known as Bohemia and Moravia. It has had one of the most tumultuous histories not only in the region, but also in the world, thanks to a constant transfer of power because of wars and uprisings. Finally, it aligned itself with the Soviet Union and after the collapse of the USSR, it broke into two separate countries, the Czech Republic.and Slovakia.
The Czech Republic is a multi party parliamentarian government that is headed by the President, who is directly elected by the people through public polls once every five years. The President then appoints the Prime Minister and the cabinet of Ministers. The ministers are housed in bicameral parliament.
The Czech system of education has compulsory as well voluntary parts inbuilt into the education system. However, when a student opts to change institutions, he or she has to appear for and satisfactorily clear the examination that has been set by the institute that they intend to attend.
Students from abroad are advised to get beforehand all the information about study in the Czech Republic. Students desirous of pursuing further studies in the Czech Republic can opt for either the secondary courses where they have the opportunity to study and research in Czech republic and attain a DiS which translates to Specialist with Diploma. The course of this diploma has a duration of three years.
Why Study in Czech Republic?
As in any other country that boasts of better educational facilities strive to attract students from other countries, not just in the region, but also from across other parts of the world, it is imperative to have unique features that can help the students to partake not just a quality education to enhance what they have already studied but also to give them the right balance that will enable them to return with an enhanced level of knowledge gained as well as a better perspective on the world around them. The following are some of the features that students opting for higher studies in the Czech Republic can look forward to.
- he Czech republic has a long tradition of providing quality education. This is evident from one of the oldest universities in the country being established in 1348.
A Czech Republic University offers a diverse range of study programs, which enable students to choose subjects that they prefer and have an affinity to.
- At present there are over 35000 students who have chosen to study in the Czech Republic and the number keeps increasing because of the open arms policy towards conducting programs in foreign languages, especially in English.
- The Czech republic is situated in the heart of Europe. This provides opportunities for students arriving here to enjoy not just Czech culture, but also to travel to other neighboring countries and assimilate their cultures.
- Furthermore, since the Czech culture is an amalgamation of various cultures like Slavonic, Jewish and German or rather Austrian influence, students can experience these cultures when they get their periodic breaks between studies.
- Overall a healthy picture of educational institutions numbering to 70 including various levels and more than 400,000 students studying in these institutions.
With such rich and diverse exposure to cross cultural experiences offered on a platter and involuntarily, students coming to the Czech Republic whether they choose to study literature, history or enroll for higher degree in engineering study in the Czech Republic, they are ensured of a wider perspective when they go back as a full rounded citizen of the world.